Hiking Adventures every Saturday at 11am.
Meet us at Rockledge Park as we embark on fun and exciting Hiking Adventures!
What to expect?
- Estimated Time: 1 Hour
- Distance: 1.5 miles
- Calorie Burn: 180
- Steady pace and rest points as needed
- Cost is $21 per person. Discounts available for groups of more than two.
- Learn local ecology and history
- See and view wildlife ***Including an endangered species of birds
What is included?
- Hiking Poles
- Location: Rockledge Park
- Time: 11:00 am CT
What to Bring/Wear?
- Comfortable shoes
- Water Bottle
- Light Clothing
Hiking is an adventure sport activity!
Benefits of Hiking?
Hiking is considered an aerobic exercise and can help improve:
- Cardiorespiratory fitness including heart, lungs and blood vessels
- Muscle strength
- Bone density (or slow its loss)
- Sleep quality
- Weight control. On average hiking burns up about 250 calories an hour—and people who lose weight through hiking or walking generally maintain that loss and continue to lose, while those who depend on diets tend to gain weight back.
Hiking through the forest can also help reduce your risk for:
- Heart disease and stroke
- High blood pressure or Type 2 diabetes
- High cholesterol and triglycerides
- Colon, breast, lung and endometrial cancers
- Depression (if so afflicted)
- Early death (Studies have shown that someone who is active for seven hours a week has a 40 percent lower chance of dying early than someone active for less than 30 minutes a week.)
- Negative effects of osteoporosis and arthritis
- Tension and anxiety